Monday, May 18, 2026
HomeNEWSOutrage over Boko Haram viral video after deadly attack in Northern Nigeria

Outrage over Boko Haram viral video after deadly attack in Northern Nigeria

Reactions have continued to pour in across Nigeria following a trending video allegedly released by members of the terrorist group Boko Haram after a reported attack in Ngoshe, a community in Gwoza.

 

It was reported that suspected terrorists attacked a military base and an Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camp in Ngoshe town, killing an unspecified number of soldiers and civilians.

 

Local sources and security operatives confirmed the incident, noting that a large number of armed terrorists invaded the town shortly after Muslims broke their fast on Wednesday.

 

Amid the development, controversial social media commentator VeryDarkMan reacted to the alleged video, describing the situation as evidence of worsening insecurity in the country.

 

“Islamic terrorists, Boko Haram, have released a video from the raid in Ngoshe, Gwoza, Borno State. Nigeria is a failed state! Only @realDonaldTrump can save us,” he wrote, referencing former United States President Donald Trump.

 

The alleged video has triggered heated debate online, with several media commentators and social media users criticizing the government as well as remarks previously made by Nigeria’s National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu.

 

One user, identified as @Garuba, accused political leaders of prioritizing future elections over pressing security concerns.

 

“All this is happening, but guess what? Our leaders are busy buying expensive luxury buses and doling out billions for campaign mobilization for 2027, while the people you swore to serve and protect are not sure of making it alive to 2027,” the user wrote.

 

Another commenter, @Dubem, suggested the attackers’ confidence might indicate possible backing.

 

“There’s no way someone can talk boldly like that without a strong backup,” the user stated.

 

Similarly, @charles William criticized the government for allegedly focusing on politics instead of the safety of citizens.

 

“Does it look like what happens in Nigeria concerns this government right now? It is next year’s election that concerns them, not the killing and kidnapping of Nigerians,” the user said.

 

Some commenters also blamed the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), describing the situation as a failure of leadership.

 

“The APC-led government has failed Nigeria and her citizens,” another user, @peter obi is coming, wrote.

 

The criticism also extended to Ribadu following remarks he made in a Hausa speech where he reportedly described some bandits and terrorists as “our brothers” who want peace.

 

Ribadu had emphasized the importance of dialogue and understanding in certain circumstances, noting that non-military approaches could complement ongoing security operations.

 

Reacting, an X user, @Oluwafemi, wrote, “The NSA are our brothers.”

 

Another media commentator referenced alleged threats made by the attackers, claiming they boasted about entering Ngoshe despite warnings.

 

“They said we can’t come into Ngoshe town. Here we are today in Ngoshe, and we are going to celebrate Sallah Eid here. We are not going to stop only in Maiduguri; we will also reach up to Abuja,” the commentator, @Abu Amir, wrote while quoting the alleged message from the attackers.

 

The video has continued to generate widespread reactions online as concerns grow over the security situation in parts of the Northeast.

Watch video!

Oh hi there 👋
It’s nice to meet you.

Subscribe to receive our news contents in your inbox, every morning.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Popular

Recent Comments

Jojobet Girişpokerklas giriş